Cross stitch and coffee

My little place to chat about stitching and other things.

Name:
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

I am a mother of three great kids,3 cats and a Fox Terrier.I own an Embroidery store, and my DH owns a Foundry.We live in house that is over a hundred years old and have a large unruly garden.

Friday, May 19, 2006

A long week without the Internet

Wow a whole week has gone by since my last post! We like many other Aucklanders have had problems with our internet provider this week so it was impossible to post anything but we are back on track today yah! but we have been told to expect disruptions again and this is all supose to be bringing about a better service so heres hoping.
On the stitching front I have been working on my Quilts 4 kids piece which seems to be taking me forever for some reason and I stitched a pin cushion for my first ever exchange which I am really pleased with hopefully the camera will soon be fixed and I can add a photo here before I post it off, I am really surprised by how excited I am at the thought of receiving something someone else has stitched for me ,while I have stitched endless numbers of gifts for other people I have never had anyone stitch me a gift ,this is better than Christmas lol,I'll be signing up for more of these .
Mid week I had the lovely surprise of DD1 visiting during the day so we thought we should do some shopping together ,she has just got back into scrap booking and decided she needed a new cutting board and some new supplies , so of course mum bought these for her and then we went to my favourite needlework store so I could buy some thread and fabric and DD1 bought me some lovely beads ,so we both came home happy .I love spending time she is a really amasing person who I really admire.
Today my darling nephews came to visit they are so full of cuteness , thier mum is expecting baby no.3 in october so I think its probably time for me stitch something for this baby ( oh dear does that mean another trip to the embroidery store lol),well I guess I better end now and get back to stitching ,why are there not more hours in the day?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home