Cross stitch and coffee

My little place to chat about stitching and other things.

Name:
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

I am a mother of three great kids,3 cats and a Fox Terrier.I own an Embroidery store, and my DH owns a Foundry.We live in house that is over a hundred years old and have a large unruly garden.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Two Happy Dances

I know it's been awhile since my last post but I can now do a HD and tell you my Quilts 4Kids block is finished yay!!! I had to unpick most of the front of the car on Sunday as I discovered I had made a mistake right back at the begining ,but it is done I just have to sign it and wash it then it can be posted off.
This leads to my second happy dance ,on Saturday my Neice delighted me with the news that baby no3. is going to be a girl,actually I would have been delighted with another boy,her two are so cute ,but this does mean I can break out the pretty girl colours,I've been holding off on starting this babies quilt because I knew Laura was going to find out the sex of it and because Laura will have the girliest girl things you can imagine.So on Sunday I went to the mall with DD2 and as luck would have it the baby shop was having a sale sooo we went mad buying the pinkiest outfits hey had ,when we should them to DH he just shook his head and reminded me how we never dressed our girls like that, but hey it was fun and I know Laura will love them.
Now I need to find a really pretty birth sampler for her ,as I made one for each of the boys so any thoughts on this would be appreciated.
I can hardly decide what project to start now and I may wait till the charts I ordered from Stitching Bits and Bobs arrive which should be soon ,and in the mean time I still have my pincushion for the Summer Exchange to sew together and a few other peices to finish into cushions and a lavender case so that should keep me busy lol
Well thats about all for now happy stitching.

2 Comments:

Blogger Casa Pearl said...

Congratulations Auntie! It sounds like that will be one spoiled little girl! They are so much more fun to shop for than boys are!

5:57 PM  
Blogger Susimac said...

Congratulations!! A suggestion could be how about one of the Mirabillia small ones the baby ones are really delightful.

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home