Cross stitch and coffee

My little place to chat about stitching and other things.

Name:
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

I am a mother of three great kids,3 cats and a Fox Terrier.I own an Embroidery store, and my DH owns a Foundry.We live in house that is over a hundred years old and have a large unruly garden.

Friday, January 26, 2007

Painting and scrapping

This week has turned into one of those weeks were I suddenly decided to do some jobs that I have been putting off (actually hoping DH would do) first up I sanded and painted the railing around the deck and now I am stripping the windows in the study which is proving to be a bigger job than I thought it would be !However I have discovered that under they ugly chipping paint is the same beautiful wooden that we have in our main lounge which has been stained instead of painted and looks beautiful the only problem is I've never tried staining a window before and these are large windows that run the length of one wall and around the corner of the next so if I make a mistake it will be noticeable.The next decision will be wether to replace the horrible curtains or maybe to leave the windows bare as this would allow us to enjoy the view of the trees in our garden and the view of the harbour and Rangitoto oh well one thing at a time.
Today we are off to another wedding this time it is our forman getting married so that should be lovely but I guess I wont get any stitching time today either I have done a little on Namuelles RR piece but thats about it this week ,I really am going to have to pick up the pace a bit lol.I did have a couple of photos to share but I forgot to get the camera so I'll have to share them next time.Take care

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you ever been busy! I'm sure all of your hard work will pay off and your room will be gorgeous when you're all finished. I hope you post a picture of your finished work.

12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a big job to scrape all the paint off. It's going to be gorgeous and I think I'd hesitate to cover it up, especially when there's a view beyond the window! :)

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home