Cross stitch and coffee

My little place to chat about stitching and other things.

Name:
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

I am a mother of three great kids,3 cats and a Fox Terrier.I own an Embroidery store, and my DH owns a Foundry.We live in house that is over a hundred years old and have a large unruly garden.

Thursday, December 14, 2006


I put the last few stitches in Red Bird Sampler today it has a very festive feel to it and I just love the little bird.So now that it is finished I have decided to try a little rotation I am going to stitch Autumn Leaves by Prairie Schooler, Noble Pursuit and The Token by Long Dog Samplers, I haven't been very successful at rotational stitching in the past but I hope with extra time overs the holidays I may have more success.Speaking of the Holidays I may possibly hold the land speed record for gift buying today with list in hand I managed to get almost all my shopping done!!!! in just two hours , now if I haven't mentioned before how I love to be organized and never shop without a list I will tell you again ,while many in my family have made fun of my list making it is days like today that prove the value of my list making , while many others stood trying to decide on the perfect gift for Aunty This and Uncle That I was in and out of most shops in ten minutes flat and most of that time was spent in the check out line. Now I just have to think what I will be cooking !!!!Well thats it for now Take Care.
19/50 projects completed.

8 Comments:

Blogger Anne S said...

The Red Bird sampler is gorgeous - what a lovely finish :) And you made me laugh with DD pacing while you made up her lovely ornie haha. Good on you for getting all your shopping done - lists are definitely the way to go ... I make them all the time, but then forget to take them with me! LOL.

3:39 PM  
Blogger Susimac said...

Its so festive, makes me feel all Christmassy!!

12:08 PM  
Blogger Susimac said...

Its so festive, makes me feel all Christmassy!!

12:08 PM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Love the Red Bird Sampler! It looks great!

1:32 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Red Bird Sampler is gorgeous! I love the red bird on the top. Will it be framed?

I can only dream of being so organized as to walk in and out of the stores within 2 hours and have all of my shopping finished!!! I have a big shopping spree planned for this Monday. Wish me luck!! lol Take care Tracy. :)

5:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's so gorgeous Tracy !!!!
Xmas shoping is a real trial !
Guess what ? I'm upless at mathematics, I thought that Christmas Eve was next week...On this afternoon, You can't imagine how I run to store from store...:-))))

1:20 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Love your Red Bird Sampler and what a lovely finish. No wonder your DD was pacing up and down while you finished her ornament - Britty Christmas Kitty is so adorable.
Congratulations on finishing all your shopping in two hours - and I thought I was organized!!!
Best wishes to you and all your loved ones for a very Merry Christmas and a happy & healthy 2007.
Margaret

8:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish you a Merry Christmas my friend !
Hugs from Southern France

6:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home