Cross stitch and coffee

My little place to chat about stitching and other things.

Name:
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

I am a mother of three great kids,3 cats and a Fox Terrier.I own an Embroidery store, and my DH owns a Foundry.We live in house that is over a hundred years old and have a large unruly garden.

Friday, December 08, 2006

What a Week.

Sorry no photos today ,I have stitched a bit more of Redbird Sampler but I didn't take a photo, then yesterday I realised I had not started the Christmas Quilt I had planned to complete for THIS Christmas (Welcome to the North Pole by Piece of Cake designs) so I bought up containers of fabric from the basement and took over the study (yes I do have a sewing room ,but my son has recently removed his computer from the study leaving a beautiful big table empty perfect for me to lay everything out on as opposed to me having to tidy my sewing room to make space lol) so in a made flurry I managed (between visitors ) to get 5 blocks put together and 2 of those sewn which wasn't a bad effort ,only 8 more to put together !!I will try and add photos of these tomorrow .
It has been a really long week here on Monday evening our factory was broken into (we have monitored alarm) all that was taken were a few castings off a display stand but we had to have the lock on the front doors replaced as they had smashed through the door wrecking the lock in the process. Wednesday night we had a couple of drunken kids knocking over the recycling bins along our road (these are pretty large bins ) so DH raced out and ended up having to call the police as the guys were by then standing in the middle of the road causing havoc with the traffic, Thursday was a doctors appointment for DH at the hospital which went well thank goodness or it might have been the straw that broke the camels back.any way its the week end now and I can only hope things improve next week !!
Well thats about it for now hope you all have a great weekend Take Care.

1 Comments:

Blogger Anne S said...

Sorry to hear you've been having such a dreadful week - hopefully next week will bring brighter days :) BTW, Redbird Sampler is looking gorgeous :D And your scissor case beautiful :D Now I can't wait to see your quilt, though ;)

7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home