Cross stitch and coffee

My little place to chat about stitching and other things.

Name:
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

I am a mother of three great kids,3 cats and a Fox Terrier.I own an Embroidery store, and my DH owns a Foundry.We live in house that is over a hundred years old and have a large unruly garden.

Thursday, December 28, 2006

A little bit of shopping


I thought it was time for a stitching up date and above is what I have been stitching in the last few days as well as making a start on a Noble Pursuit , no photo of that this morning as last night I realized I was suppose to be only using one ply of thread and I had been using my usual two ply arrrrrh ,so I need to undo all I have stitched so far but since I didn't feel in the mood to do that last night I moved on to the next section and stitched that instead.On wednesday I rushed out to my LNS with my gift certificate clutched in my hand and ordered the silk ( I am using the soie d'alger simply because this is what my LNS sells) and bought the fabric to stitch HOHRH well that used up most of my money but I also bought the fabric and threads for AN Accordian Book of Ornament by Cherished Stitches however when I got home I realized I had bought the wrong amount of fabric arrrrrrrrrrrrh!!!!!!never mind I did have some white 36ct fabric at home and I will use that instead.
So after that huge splurge I now really need to get busy stitching I have really been looking forward to stitching HOHRH since I first laid eyes on it and as soon as my threads arrive I will be starting on it immediately !!!!!!!Maybe VOHRH will be on birthday list lol.
Well thats about it for now so Take Care.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a lovely poem you're stitching !
I love these automn colors !!!
So gorgeous !
Hugs

2:52 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

I really like your autumn piece. The poem is really nice, can't wait to see how it ends. :)

That sounds like quite the shopping spree you had!! You lucky girl!! ;)

Happy Holidays!

6:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking really good so far. I love the fall colors.

1:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've just come across your blog and love your stitching. I have The Most Noble Pursuit in my stash and am currently working on VoHRH, along with many others like everyone else. Would love it if you stopped by my blog. I'll definitely be back to yours. Happy New Year.

8:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tracy! Nice to catch up with you after all the busyness of Christmas. :)
Sounds like you had a great time with your family and they treated you well! I also noticed that it didn't take you long to get to your lns and dispose of your gift certificate, lol! Good going, girl!

Hugs to you, and have a very Happy New Year!

6:49 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Your Prairie Schooler sampler looks gorgeous!

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home