Cross stitch and coffee

My little place to chat about stitching and other things.

Name:
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

I am a mother of three great kids,3 cats and a Fox Terrier.I own an Embroidery store, and my DH owns a Foundry.We live in house that is over a hundred years old and have a large unruly garden.

Sunday, January 11, 2009

A productive weekend.




I thought I'd show another of the new Hibiscus that I have planted they are truly amazing this one is on the path leading down to the vegetable garden and beside it are a Satsuma and a Bay tree.While the weather has been allowing I have spent most of the weekend outside and as always I was joined by the cats and my dog however only our youngest cat Millie was around while I had the camera out Millie is about eight months old and was saved by my eldest daughter who found her trapped in a drain at
the back of our foundry, she was completely wild when she first came to live here but now she is very cute and friendly and she loves our other cats .
The last photo is ginger bread trio which I finished a wee while back I had it out tonight to lace it before taking it to the framer.I also finished my cushion but I forgot to take a photo of it,I will try to remember to take one when it comes back from being made into a cushion.
All in ll it was a very productive weekend my DH made a two tiered compost bin for me to compost the huge number of leaves we have and I spent the afternoon painting it and loading it with leaves ,while I was out doing this there was a car accident right outside my house, a driver had come across on the wrong side of the rod and hit a lady head on thankfully no one was hurt .
Well thats all for now Take Care.

2 Comments:

Blogger Von said...

Sounds like a very satisfying time in your garden! Lovely hibiscus and stitching. :)

9:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the Gingerbread Trio - and Millie is just gorgeous! :D

7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home