Cross stitch and coffee

My little place to chat about stitching and other things.

Name:
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

I am a mother of three great kids,3 cats and a Fox Terrier.I own an Embroidery store, and my DH owns a Foundry.We live in house that is over a hundred years old and have a large unruly garden.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

A busy week

Well its been a long week and we are only at Thursday!! On Tuesday DD1 rang and asked if I could work for her for the day ( a bonus of been self employed is I can do what I want) so I packed up DD2 who was home with an ear infection and off to the airport we went.Now I had never actually seen DD1 in action but she is amazing ,you'll remember we had a complete black out on Monday so the back log of work was pretty awful and believe me people are not pretty when it comes to last minute travel arrangements (DD1 works for a company called XSBaggage who sent frieght and peoples excess baggage).We were run off our feet all day , and all I can say is the next time you have to leave a message on someones answer phone please speak SLOWLY AND CLEARLY donot speed up when you leave your contact number !!!!!
Yesterday I got too spend the afternoon with my niece and her darling boys ,which was lovely ,they are always so full of energy and really CUTE.
As you can probably guess I have had no time for stitching and today I woke up with a cold and feel awful I would really like to go back to bed but a friend is comming over today and latter I need to rush out and buy DD2's birthday present , her birthday isn't till Monday but experience has showen me that if I leave it to the last minute they have always sold out of what ever it is I'm looking for lol. DD2 will be thirteen on Monday an amazing acheivement for a little preemie baby who's first days in this world were pretty touch and go .OH NO now all my children are teenagers ,how did this happen? They were all just babies a moment ago.Well I better end here so I can go sob in a corner ( maybe I'll bring out the home movies ) and remember the really cute little babies that used too live in my house lol.

2 Comments:

Blogger Margaret said...

This is unbelievable!!! I just wrote & published a comment on your site and it's not there. Will try to reconstruct my thoughts but before I do that I guess I'd better test and see if this publishes.

Margaret

7:23 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter! My daughter will be 14 on Sunday. They do certainly grow up fast.

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home