Cross stitch and coffee

My little place to chat about stitching and other things.

Name:
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

I am a mother of three great kids,3 cats and a Fox Terrier.I own an Embroidery store, and my DH owns a Foundry.We live in house that is over a hundred years old and have a large unruly garden.

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Mini Cottages Finished

A HAPPY DANCE for me I finished my mini cottages today it looks great , but I'm really pleased I didn't buy one of the larger pieces because by the end I'd lost interest in it, I don't really like stitching on Aida and its not till you put the backstitching in that this piece comes to life.Any way its done and I'm sure my DD1 will love it.Speaking of my DD i spent yesterday helping her clean her flat, her flat mate moved out on Thursday so at the moment its just DD and her BF living there which they probably can't afford to do for long but they are enjoying the peace and quiet.After cleaning DD1 And DD2 and I went and had lunch at the mall which is only a five minute drive from DD's house and then I bought her a new Duvet as she has been cold at night and a few other things she needed , it was a very nice way to spend the day.
Today I posted my pin cushion for the Summer exchange off it dosen't have to be there till the 1 of July but even posting it airmail the time to get there varied from 10 - 20 days so I thought I better give it the maxium allowance , so heres hoping it arrives save and sound.
Well it's sunday night here so I better be off to get school uniforms ready and make sure I have something for lunches tomorrow .Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

1 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Congratulations on finishing the mini cottages.

That was very nice of you to buy those things for your daughter and to help her clean!! What a sweet Mom. :)

2:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home