Cross stitch and coffee

My little place to chat about stitching and other things.

Name:
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

I am a mother of three great kids,3 cats and a Fox Terrier.I own an Embroidery store, and my DH owns a Foundry.We live in house that is over a hundred years old and have a large unruly garden.

Monday, June 12, 2006

Where in the dark here!!

What a strange day today has been ,most of Auckland lost power this morning except where I live on Aucklands North shore and where I work West Auckland what are the chances of that !!lol Yes Auckland was plunged into chaos this morning no traffic lights working, no trains running ,people stuck in lifts , what a mess.Poor DD1 who works out by the airport in a freight business , was facing her first day manning the office by herself as her boss is in America at the moment ,so by 10 o'clock when she was told the power wasn't going to be back on for another 5 hours , she made her way across town and took over our office ,talk about stress !!.
Just to make things more exciting we are also being buffeted by high winds tonight and its really cold, so DD2 has come down with an ear infection and DH has just rushed her up to the Emergency Doctor ,which fortunatly is about 2minutes away but it closes really early and the next A&E in about 15 mins away and is always really busy, any way such is live with children .
Needless to say no stitching done yet today ,I'm still waiting for my new charts and threads and even hough I do have WIP I could pick up I think I'll wait and hope the new ones arrive soon, in the meantime I think I'll knit my scarf for a change.
Happy stitching everyone ,hope tomorrow is a little less exciting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home