Cross stitch and coffee

My little place to chat about stitching and other things.

Name:
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

I am a mother of three great kids,3 cats and a Fox Terrier.I own an Embroidery store, and my DH owns a Foundry.We live in house that is over a hundred years old and have a large unruly garden.

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Big News

OK time for an up date (I do mean to blog everyday but some how things never turn out that way) I have some big news on April the second I will be starting work at The Embroiderer (LNS) with the option to buy a 50% share at the end of three months ,this business has been owned by a group of four women for 22 years and I would venture to say it is the best shop in Auckland and with one exception the best in NZ so I am really excited ,this has been in the planning since November of last year and has come at the perfect time for me with no children left at primary school and Mical taking over my job doing the accounts for our other business the timing seems right to enter this business .The kids and DH are all very keen for me to take this opportunity as they know how much I'm looking forward to it , and once I get the hang of things it is only a three day a week job so that suits me even better.
The weekend was taken up with helping Mical and Will move flat (apartment) and I can tell you I am exhausted !Sunday Mical hired a carpet cleaner and we cleaned the carpets and made sure that windows etc were clean Needless to say not a lot of stitching was done but I have made a start on Eliza Jane's Needlekeep and Scissor Flat which is looking very pretty ,I will take a photo to post next time.
Well thats it for now so Take Care.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tracy,
Just letting you know, I regularly read your blog. Its great. hello from the South Island :)

11:11 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Congratulations Tracy!

6:19 AM  
Blogger Anne S said...

Wow, that's exceptional news!!! I'd have to agree the Embroiderer is probably 2nd to none in Auckland, and what a wonderful opportunity for you ... gives me a great excuse to come visit on my next trip home ;) Congratulations!! :D

5:35 AM  
Blogger Von said...

Tracy, what an adventure for you! Congrats and best wishes for great success. :D

9:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Tracy,
I've just found your blog and I'm thrilled to hear that there's a great LNS in Auckland. I'm coming back to Akld in November after 9 years in France and will be checking out this shop - in the meantime, a bit of research on this LNS on the web and hopefully meet you in November.
Helen

12:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home