Cross stitch and coffee

My little place to chat about stitching and other things.

Name:
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

I am a mother of three great kids,3 cats and a Fox Terrier.I own an Embroidery store, and my DH owns a Foundry.We live in house that is over a hundred years old and have a large unruly garden.

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Eliza Jane's Needlekeep and Scissor Flat




I have been stitching this for the last couple of days it is Eliza Jane's Needlekeep and Scissors Flat which was in my last stash photo it is a very pretty design but I have to say I am a little disappointed in the finish ,the scissors are tied in with ribbon but I had to adjust the position of the ribbon as when it was in the center the scissor simply fell out now the are secure but the points slip to the side when you pick it up !!!!! I could add another ribbon to tie the points in but then the whole thing seems awash with ribbon! Any suggestions would be appreciated or maybe someone has stitched this before and has a better finishing technique .
This weekend I have a few little jobs I need to see to ,one is buying Sarah a school jumper (pullover) as the weather has suddenly turned quite cold here ,I also need to pick up a couple of things to finish off my PIF gifts and Sunday we are
my Grandmother .
Well thats it for now Take Care.

5 Comments:

Blogger BeckySC said...

Congratulations, it looks great! Nice work :)

8:25 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

It's gorgeous! Great job Tracy. I haven't started mine yet, it's still sitting in my stash, so unfortunately I can't offer any suggestions about securing the scissors. :(

8:37 PM  
Blogger Von said...

Nice work, Tracy! I may be wrong, but would it help if the inside ribbon was shorter? Perhaps there's just too much. I hope you can figure something out and enjoy it. :D

9:57 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

This is so cute Tracy. I'm sorry the scissors seem to slip. I have a pattern for a scissors case (JCS June 2006) which includes a chart for a pocket & strap. If you would like me to e-mail this pattern to you please send me a message at megratdataviadotcom.
Hope you are having a great weekend.

9:07 AM  
Blogger Senorita Stitches said...

Hi Tracy,
Hey, I did this one recently. Go check out my blog and you can see my solution to the scissor attachment. Another idea would be to make a fitted pocket slot for the scissor tip but since you've already closed it up that would be difficult to do now. Not impossible though. I love the design over all but the designer didn't do such a great job with the finishing design.

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home